Barbecued Hamburgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the saltines, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown patties in batches on both sides. Place in a large roasting pan.
- 2. Combine the ketchup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and vinegar; pour over patties. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 318 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Hamburgers
"My family loved this. I will definetly make this again."