Barbecued Ham Sandwiches
This meaty mixture is ideal for company because it can be made in advance. When you're ready to eat, just spoon a heaping helping onto each bun for a tasty meal.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound shaved fully cooked ham
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onion in butter. Add chili sauce,
- water, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add ham; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated
- through. Spoon about 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,289 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.