Barbecued Ham Buns
"The recipe for these hot ham sandwiches came from a best friend's mother." says Janet Gregory of Spring Creek, Pennsylvania. "I often prepare them as a quick lunch for my husband and me. The versatile recipe can be increased and prepared in the oven or slow cooker to feed a crowd."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients.
- Stir in ham. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir.
- Microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve on buns.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 1,140 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.