Barbecued Country Ribs Recipe
From Windber, Pennsylvania, John Bell sends the recipe for these very tender chunks of pork ribs served with a pleasant sauce. They're so tasty that you'll be amazed at how quickly they're done.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add rib pieces; shake to coat. In a pressure cooker, brown meat on all sides in oil; drain. Combine the water, ketchup, chili powder and hot pepper sauce; pour over ribs. Add onion. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Skim fat from sauce if necessary and serve with ribs if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 373 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC