Barbecued Corn Muffins Recipe
Being raised on a farm in Mississippi, I was encouraged to cook at an early age by my grandmother and mother. I rarely depend on written recipes, but this is a classic.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and place in a bowl. Add the brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 2. Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions. Fill greased muffin cups with a scant 2 tablespoons of batter. Top each with 2 tablespoons beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining corn bread mix.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC