- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and place in a bowl. Add the brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions. Fill greased muffin cups with a scant 2 tablespoons of batter. Top each with 2 tablespoons beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining corn bread mix.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Barbecued Corn Muffins
Sort By :
thankyou cookiecarol, i guess i will do just that, i am a bit of a novice to cooking new things like this, and i will certainly make my own as you mentioned. thanks.
i guess i am hoping to find a healthy solution by using unbleached when ever possable, and by using soy meat as an alternative to real ground beef. i am asking to find out proper mix of corn bread and seasonings in order to still make this wonderful looking muffin. thanks
i am earnestly hoping to find a way to make these bbq muffins with out the unhealthy bleached flour often found in prepackaged corn bread mixes, can you help me to figure out proper ingredients and amount used for this particular BBQ corn muffin receipe? i would be greatly appreciative. thanks so much.