Barbecued Chuck Roast Recipe
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill roast, covered, over indirect heat for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add applesauce to reserved marinade; brush over roast. Continue basting and turning the roast several times for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Barbecued Chuck Roast(5)
Sort By :
Very tasty. Even good on steaks!
Used the marinade for beef kabobs. They had about 3 hours to marinate. The best I've had in a long time.
My family loved this recipe. Turned out so tender. Kids thought it was steak!
This came out so tender and flavorful! I used EVOO instead of canola oil, and honey mustard for the mustard. Cooked it in my oven covered in tin foil bc it was raining out today! 400 degrees for about 2 hours or so. Even my skeptical fiance loved it! Served it with homemade potato french fries and boiled asparagus.
This recipe was absolutely delicious. The meat was so full of flavor that the kids didn't even want ketchup to dip it in! That's saying something in my family. I just made it two nights ago and I've already had a request for it to be made again. I didn't grill it, I cooked it in the oven, basting as suggested. Thank you for sharing Ardis!
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >