Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, butter, water and seasonings; bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours, turning once.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with margarine and served without the skin) equals 224 calories, 225 mg sodium, 58 mg cholesterol, 1 g carbohydrate, 21 g protein, 14 g fat. Diabetic Exchange: 3 meat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.