Barbecued Chicken-Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Coat with cooking spray and rub with garlic salt with parsley; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 18-22 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Discard pulp or save for another use.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Spoon into potato shells. Top with beans, olives and green onions; sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tomatoes and sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed potato half: 237 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken-Stuffed Potatoes
"I used boiled potatoes but it was still great."