This tasty dish combines some of my favorite things—the toppings for supreme nachos, tender chicken and the warm comfort of a baked potato. —Ellen Finger, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Featured In: Top 10 Lunch Recipes Under 300 Calories
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Coat with cooking spray and rub with garlic salt with parsley; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 18-22 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Discard pulp or save for another use.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Spoon into potato shells. Top with beans, olives and green onions; sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tomatoes and sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken-Stuffed Potatoes in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012 , p49
Reviews forBarbecued Chicken-Stuffed Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2012
"I used boiled potatoes but it was still great."