Barbecued Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add barbecue sauce. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cool; cover and refrigerate chicken until chilled.
- 3. Chop chicken; place in a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper flakes. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 481 calories, 27 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 712 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.