Barbecued Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 small Anaheim or jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, buttered side down, on griddle. Sprinkle one side of each tortilla with 3 tablespoons cheese. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
1 quesadilla and 3/4 cup salsa (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend) equals 531 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 941 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.