Heidi Vawdrey of Riverton, Utah jazzes up everyday quesadillas with barbecue sauce, then tops things off with a sweet and spicy mango salsa.
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 small Anaheim or jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and refrigerate.
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, buttered side down, on griddle. Sprinkle one side of each tortilla with 3 tablespoons cheese. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken Quesadillas in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p21
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review