- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 small Anaheim or jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and refrigerate.
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, buttered side down, on griddle. Sprinkle one side of each tortilla with 3 tablespoons cheese. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken Quesadillas
"In the directions it states to combine the first 9 ingredients. Only 8 are listed. Is there something missing."
"I really jazzed this one up a bit. I sauteed chicken with some Montreal chicken Seasoning with onions and garlic. I added corn and cilantro then poured on some Rudy's Sissy Sauce (Texas BBQ chain sauce) and let it cook. Then I buttered up some whole wheat tortillas and sandwiched the mixture between two light layers of shredded cheddar jack cheese and added a few drops of BBQ sauce and cilantro before putting it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350. It was delish and didn't need anything else!"
"I did not make the salsa but did make the quesadillas. I used whole wheat tortillas in our quesadilla maker (omitting the butter and using cooking spray instead). I served this with fruited rice pilaf (also on this site). The kids and I really enjoyed it for a quick and healthy weeknight supper."