- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 small Anaheim or jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and refrigerate.
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, buttered side down, on griddle. Sprinkle one side of each tortilla with 3 tablespoons cheese. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken Quesadillas(3)
Sort By :
In the directions it states to combine the first 9 ingredients. Only 8 are listed. Is there something missing.
I really jazzed this one up a bit. I sauteed chicken with some Montreal Chicken Seasoning with onions and garlic. I added corn and cilantro then poured on some Rudy's Sissy Sauce (Texas BBQ chain sauce) and let it cook. Then I buttered up some whole wheat tortillas and sandwiched the mixture between two light layers of shredded cheddar jack cheese and added a few drops of BBQ sauce and cilantro before putting it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350. It was delish and didn't need anything else!
I did not make the salsa but did make the quesadillas. I used whole wheat tortillas in our quesadilla maker (omitting the butter and using cooking spray instead). I served this with fruited rice pilaf (also on this site). The kids and I really enjoyed it for a quick and healthy weeknight supper.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >