So fast and so easy with refrigerated pizza crust, these Barbecued Chicken Pizzas will bring raves with its hot-off-the-grill, rustic flavor. Perfect for a small, spur-of-the-minute backyard pool party! —Alicia Trevithick, Temecula, California
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Set aside and keep warm.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Lightly brush both sides of dough with oil; place on grill. Cover and grill over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Cut the chicken into 1/2-in. cubes. Spread the grilled side of each crust with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce; layer with chicken, onion, cheese and cilantro. Return to grill. Cover and cook each pizza for 4-5 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (4 pieces each).
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken Pizzas in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review