Barbecued Chicken Pizza with Peppers Recipe
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender; set aside. Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread barbecue sauce to within 1 in. of edges.
- 2. Layer with the chicken, onion mixture and cheese. Bake at 450° for 18-22 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 417 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.