Barbecued Chicken Legs
"on a lazy sunny summer day, this chicken is the best ever," writes Agnes Gollan of Garfield Heights, Ohio. "We enjoy it with baked beans and watermelon." Try the zesty barbecue sauce on other grilled meats, too.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to an
- 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl,
- combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, vinegar, steak
- sauce and hot pepper sauce; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180°, basting every 15 minutes with sauce.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 412 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 755 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.