Barbecued Chicken Hoagies
“The day after we held a barbecue, I put leftover cheese spread, chicken and hoagie rolls together," says Erin Renouf Mylroie from St. George, Utah. "We were astounded at the smell, texture and flavor of these now-favorite sandwiches.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; spread over
- buns. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-4
- minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chicken and
- barbecue sauce. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated
- through. Spread chicken mixture over bun bottoms; replace tops.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat butter) equals 532 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 1,352 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.