Barbecued Chicken Hoagies Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; spread over buns. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Spread chicken mixture over bun bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 532 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1352mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein .
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken Hoagies
"This is a very flavorful sandwich. I would have liked to have tasted more of the cheese, but otherwise great."
"I used Trader Joe's All Natural Barbecue Sauce and reduced the amount to 1/4 cup. I substitued Ciabatta Rolls frm a local bakery."