“The day after we held a barbecue, I put leftover cheese spread, chicken and hoagie rolls together," says Erin Renouf Mylroie from St. George, Utah. "We were astounded at the smell, texture and flavor of these now-favorite sandwiches.”
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; spread over buns. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Spread chicken mixture over bun bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken Hoagies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p9
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken Hoagies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2015
"This is a very flavorful sandwich. I would have liked to have tasted more of the cheese, but otherwise great."
Reviewed May. 26, 2010
"I used Trader Joe's All Natural Barbecue Sauce and reduced the amount to 1/4 cup. I substitued Ciabatta Rolls frm a local bakery."