Barbecued Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
“If you like barbecued chicken, you’ll really enjoy these hearty chicken roll-ups,” assures Erin Stroud of Sterling, Illinois. “I serve them with cheesy garlic mashed potatoes.”
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 4 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese and barbecue sauce. Place about 1/4 cup in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, two at a time, for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC