“If you like barbecued chicken, you’ll really enjoy these hearty chicken roll-ups,” assures Erin Stroud of Sterling, Illinois. “I serve them with cheesy garlic mashed potatoes.”
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 4 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese and barbecue sauce. Place about 1/4 cup in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, two at a time, for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken Egg Rolls in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p37
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken Egg Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2012
"Something different to do with cooked chicken. Big hit!!"
Reviewed May. 26, 2010
"My family loved this. It was a nice mix-up from the regular eggroll."