A handful of ingredients are all you need for this marinade that kicks up flavor without much fat. "There's a real zip to this chicken," promises Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. "I like to make large batches of the marinade and freeze it so it's on hand when we're in the mood to grill chicken."
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (9 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce, vinegar, horseradish and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Lightly oil the grill rack.
- Place chicken skin side down over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken Breasts in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p32
Reviews forBarbecued Chicken Breasts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review