Barbecued Chicken Breasts Recipe
A handful of ingredients are all you need for this marinade that kicks up flavor without much fat. "There's a real zip to this chicken," promises Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. "I like to make large batches of the marinade and freeze it so it's on hand when we're in the mood to grill chicken."
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (9 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce, vinegar, horseradish and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Place chicken skin side down over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken Breasts in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p32
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken Breasts(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2013
This is pretty good. It marinate makes the chicken pretty sweet so, it needs a side that will balance it out. The chicken was super moist!
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >