Barbecued Chicken Bake
You can find ready-to-heat barbecued chicken in the refrigerated meat section of your local grocery store. Just add three ingredients and you have a tasty casserole.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 carton (32 ounces) refrigerated shredded barbecued chicken
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated corn bread twists
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, hominy and chilies. Pour into
- an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Separate corn bread twists into strips. Place four strips diagonally
- in each direction over chicken mixture, forming a lattice crust.
- Press ends against sides of baking dish. Bake at 375° for 20-25
- minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 407 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,819 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.