Barbecued Chicken 'n' Rice Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Few drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the next nine ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine rice and broth in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken and barbecue sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until the rice is tender and meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
2 piece: 857 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 1542mg sodium, 93g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 55g protein .
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken 'n' Rice
"The best thing about this recipe is that you can substitute ingredients and still get pretty close to the same flavor. It was definitely a kid favorite, but it really doesn't make a lot so you may want to double up on ingredients"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.