- boil. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup barbecue sauce to serve
- with burgers.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, 1/4 cup of the remaining
- barbecue sauce, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper and salt. Crumble
- beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 160°, basting with 1/2 cup barbecue
- sauce during the last 5 minutes. Serve on buns with toppings of your
- choice and reserved barbecue sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 626 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,146 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.