Barbecued Brisket Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 fresh beef brisket (5 pounds)
- 2 to 4 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Place flour in a large oven roasting bag; shake to coat bag. Rub brisket with Liquid Smoke if desired, celery seed and pepper; place in bag. Place in a roasting pan. Combine chili sauce and barbecue sauce; pour over brisket. Seal bag.
- With a knife, cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag. Bake at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully remove brisket from bag. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Barbecued Brisket(3)
Sort By :
This is my first time cooking a brisket and it turned out real well. I will used this again and maybe put more barbecue sauce in the recipe.I liked it the most because it was so easy.
Family of very different palates all loved this one. Will be making it again and for years to come. So easy!
This came out so good I can't find words to describe. This was resaurant quality good and it came from my oven!! Hightly recomend. Plus, it was fatastically easy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hanukkah Dinner Recipes >
- Hanukkah Recipes >