Barbecued Beef Short Ribs
For a real straight-from-the-chuckwagon beef meal, you can't rope a better recipe than this! This is the recipe I rely on when feeding a hungry group. The wonderfully tangy sauce is lip-smacking good.Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 3 to 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Hot cooked noodles
- In Dutch oven, brown ribs in oil. Add 2 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours; drain.
- Combine the tomato paste, ketchup, garlic, brown sugar, onion,
- vinegar, mustard, salt and remaining water. Pour over ribs; bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is
- tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 373 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,187 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.