Barbecued Beef Short Ribs Recipe
- 3 to 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In Dutch oven, brown ribs in oil. Add 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours; drain.
- 2. Combine the tomato paste, ketchup, garlic, brown sugar, onion, vinegar, mustard, salt and remaining water. Pour over ribs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 373 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,187 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.