Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
These savory barbecued sandwiches are one of my specialties. They really capture the flavor of foods we serve her in "Big Sky Country". When we're invited to a potluck, I'm asked to bring these sandwiches.Lorraine Elvbakken, Billings, Montana
40-50 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 4 hours
- 2 beef briskets, trimmed (about 12 pounds)
- 6 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cups water
- 40 to 50 hamburger buns
- Place briskets in a large roasting pan. Combine barbecue sauce and
- water; pour over meat. Cover tightly and bake at 325° for 4 to
- 4-1/2 hours or until fork tender. Remove meat from juices; cool.
- Skim fat from juices. Thinly slice meat; return to pan and heat in
- juices. Serve on buns. Yield: 40-50 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 258 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.