Barbecued Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Sliced onions, dill pickles and pickled jalapenos, optional
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, liquid smoke if desired and seasonings. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- Shred beef with two forks; return to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each bun. Serve with onions, pickles and jalapenos if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Barbecued Beef Sandwiches(29)
Sort By :
Wonderful and turned out perfect.
Made this recipe as is. Trimmed the fat from a 3-3/4 lb sirloin tip roast down to 3-1/4 lbs., cut into four chunks, seasoned in flour, pepper & salt, seared. Cooked on low for 7 hours, it fell apart and was easy to shred. Returned shredded beef to sauce in slow cooker for 1/2 hour on high to reheat. Served w/ onion buns from Albertson's which are very tasty. Not sure I'd make again unless I spiced it up a bit more as we found the taste somewhat bland.
Easy to make. Beef turned out tasty and juicy.
This is great recipe when you're having a casual get together and want to have food prepared ahead of time and available that folks can serve themselves throughout the day. We like to top it with some cole slaw. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwiches >