Barbecued Beef Roast
Try this roast for baked-in barbecue flavor! My daughter makes it in the slow cooker and it turns out great that way, too. Leftovers? Shred and serve in buns. Luana Kempf-Ashley, North Dakota.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Stir in Liquid
- Smoke if desired. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan;
- pour ketchup mixture over the top.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is
- tender. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat
- from pan juices and thicken juices if desired. Serve with beef.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot