Barbecued Beef Ribs for Two Recipe
- 2 pounds bone-in beef ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a large kettle and cover with water. Simmer, uncovered, for 50 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Drain ribs; place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Pour sauce mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 448 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.