Barbecued Beef Ribs for Two Recipe
- 2 pounds bone-in beef ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a large kettle and cover with water. Simmer, uncovered, for 50 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Drain ribs; place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Pour sauce mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 448 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Beef Ribs for Two
"DH normally grills ribs on the BBQ. However, I found a package of beef ribs buried in the freezer -- they had been there for ages. I really didn't relish the thought of "freezer-burned" ribs on the barbie and came across this recipe. A miracle worker. There was no way you could tell that the ribs had been in the freezer for over 2 years. They were great!"
"a lot of flavor. beef is very tender"
"This is just the type of recipe I like, good inghredients and just enough for my husband & I and we will try it soon!Sylvia, Naples, Florida"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.