- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup plum preserves or preserves of your choice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil in batches. Place onion and water in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add ribs. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until heated through.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker. Discard cooking liquid. Return ribs to slow cooker; pour sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Barbecued Beef Ribs
Sort By :
"This dish is my family's favorite, every time my grandmother comes to visit she asks me to make this dish."
"Wow!!! I love short ribs. Haven't been able to find too many good recipes. This may not be right in my budget line right now but I'll make 'em anyway. HA"