- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs, trimmed
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup plum preserves or preserves of choice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place onion and water in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown ribs in batches. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker; discard cooking juices. Return ribs to slow cooker. Pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on high 25-30 minutes or until ribs are nicely coated. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Barbecued Beef Ribs
"This dish is my family's favorite, every time my grandmother comes to visit she asks me to make this dish."
"Wow!!! I love short ribs. Haven't been able to find too many good recipes. This may not be right in my budget line right now but I'll make 'em anyway. HA"