- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup plum preserves or preserves of your choice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil in batches. Place onion and water in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add ribs. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until heated through.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker. Discard cooking liquid. Return ribs to slow cooker; pour sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Barbecued Beef Ribs(3)
Sort By :
This dish is my family's favorite, every time my grandmother comes to visit she asks me to make this dish.
Wow!!! I love short ribs. Haven't been able to find too many good recipes. This may not be right in my budget line right now but I'll make 'em anyway. HA
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Ribs >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >