Barbecued Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over brisket. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Pour half over the brisket; set the remaining sauce aside.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with the reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Barbecued Beef Brisket(20)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe! As a native Texan now living in Seattle real Texas BBQ is impossible to come by. This recipe is pretty darn close especially when I don't own, and probably never will, a smoker. I got a brisket with the fat cap still on and then rubbed the brisket the day before and left or in the fridge. Then I put it in the slow cooker with the BBQ sauce the next morning on low for 8 hours. It smelled sooooo good while cooking! When it finished I pulled it out and removed the fat cap. I prefer the brisket to still have fat to help keep it moist while slow cooking otherwise I find it cooks dry. You can always remove the fat later. After I cut up the brisket I pulled out the juicy BBQ meat drippings from the cooker, skimmed the fat, then brushed the meat with it before serving. This recipe is officially on the dinner rotation! Thank you!!!
Last week briskets were on sale so I froze 4, I've got one in the crock pot......it smells amazing! I reduced the ketchup to 1/2 cup, added 1/8 cup of brown sugar, dash of A1 sauce. This is my go to recipe :-)
This is a keeper for sure. Very good!
We love this recipe and make it quite often. I always get it all ready the night before. I put the rub on the brisket and put it in the crock pot in the frig the night before. I just take it out of the frig and pour the sauce over it in the morning and let it cook all day on low. Yummy!!!!
My family loves this recipe! The only thing I do after its cooked is shred the meat and Voila you have barbecued brisket sandwiches. The barbecue sauce is amazing and I use it for other recipes too.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hanukkah Dinner Recipes >
- Hanukkah Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >