Barbecued Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a disposable foil pan.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown brisket on both sides. Place in foil pan, turning to coat with sauce. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Place pan on grill rack over indirect medium heat. Grill, covered, 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove from heat. Remove brisket from pan; tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, skim fat from sauce in pan. Cut brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Barbecued Beef Brisket
Sort By :
I wanted to make brisket for Memorial Day but had never made it before. So I tried this recipe a week before on a small piece of brisket. My family loved it. So I made 10 lbs. of brisket with this recipe for Memorial Day. Everyone loved it! But I made a few changes to the sauce...I didn't use horseradish. I added about 3 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce and 3 Tbs. Frank's Red Hot Sauce and 1/4 cup apple sauce. I put everything in a blender instead of heating it. Then poured it on the brisket and baked it. It was delicious and will definitely make it again. I also used the sauce to bake chicken breasts in and they came out delicious. Definitely recommend this recipe!