Barbecued Beef and Beans Recipe
I like to make this dish for church potlucks. It's great for large groups. I always include at least six kinds of beans, but they're not the same every time.Mary Lou Ringhand, Albany, Wisconsin
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 jar (32 ounces) northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat meat beef is no longer pink. Drain; place in a large greased roaster or casserole. Stir in the barbecue sauce, ketchup, molasses and brown sugar. Add all beans and mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes. Cover and bake another 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Beef and Beans in Country Ground Beef 1993, p57
Reviews for Barbecued Beef and Beans(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2013
I tried it, and it turned out great! I was skeptical because I don't like beans much, but once it was cooked it was delicious, and the church loved it! Thanks for the recipe.
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2008
EDIT MEAT TO BE 1 1/2 # OF GROUND BEEF. ADD EXTRA LIQUID
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >