Barbecued Baked Beans Recipe
To dress up convenient canned pork and beans, our Test Kitchen starts with bottled barbecue sauce, then stirs in brown sugar, vinegar, liquid smoke and spices. These hearty oven-baked beans will perk up your next summer picnic.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the next eight ingredients. Add the Liquid Smoke if desired.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until thickened and bubbly. Yield: 11 servings.
1/2 cup: 205 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Barbecued Baked Beans
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2014
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC