- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke, divided, optional
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup honey-Dijon barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon liquid smoke if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or until ribs are just tender. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, combine barbecue sauces, ketchup, honey and remaining liquid smoke if desired. Drain ribs and transfer to grill. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, basting both sides several times with sauce, for 8-10 minutes or until ribs are tender and well-glazed. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
"Made these for a gathering of friends & our children. Everyone loved them! I also left out the liquid smoke because we had none but the recipe was still delicious!"
"I left out the salt, because I didn't think it needed it. The liquid smoke also...none in the house. We enjoyed the flavor will definitely make again."
"Only changes I made were adding 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. We don't love the flavor of liquid smoke, so I only used 1/2 a teaspoon. I simmered it on the stove so the brown sugar would dissolve. (I also doubled the sauce recipe so we would be sure to have enough -- we like it saucy!) I'll make this again!"
"This is a recipe that my whole family loves. I couldn't find honey dijon so I also added the dijon mustard to the sauce. I used Stubbs Honey Pecan bbq sauce and it turned out amazing!"
"My family loved this! Thanks for sharing!"