Barbecued Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke, divided, optional
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup honey-Dijon barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1. Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon liquid smoke if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or until ribs are just tender. Do not overcook.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine barbecue sauces, ketchup, honey and remaining liquid smoke if desired. Drain ribs and transfer to grill. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, basting both sides several times with sauce, for 8-10 minutes or until ribs are tender and well-glazed. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 619 calories, 42 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 910 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.