Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
This recipe came about by accident when I was making ribs for company and discovered I didn't have enough sauce. I combined the ingredients on hand and came up with this special sauce.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 35 min.
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke, divided, optional
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup honey-Dijon barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place in a Dutch oven and cover
- with water. Add salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon liquid smoke if desired;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or
- until ribs are just tender. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, combine barbecue sauces, ketchup, honey and remaining
- liquid smoke if desired. Drain ribs and transfer to grill. Grill,
- uncovered, over medium heat, basting both sides several times with
- sauce, for 8-10 minutes or until ribs are tender and well-glazed.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 619 calories, 42 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 910 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.