Barbecued Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke, divided, optional
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup honey-Dijon barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1. Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon liquid smoke if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or until ribs are just tender. Do not overcook.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine barbecue sauces, ketchup, honey and remaining liquid smoke if desired. Drain ribs and transfer to grill. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, basting both sides several times with sauce, for 8-10 minutes or until ribs are tender and well-glazed. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 619 calories, 42g fat (15g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 910mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
"Made these for a gathering of friends & our children. Everyone loved them! I also left out the liquid smoke because we had none but the recipe was still delicious!"
"I left out the salt, because I didn't think it needed it. The liquid smoke also...none in the house. We enjoyed the flavor will definitely make again."
"Only changes I made were adding 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. We don't love the flavor of liquid smoke, so I only used 1/2 a teaspoon. I simmered it on the stove so the brown sugar would dissolve. (I also doubled the sauce recipe so we would be sure to have enough -- we like it saucy!) I'll make this again!"
"This is a recipe that my whole family loves. I couldn't find honey dijon so I also added the dijon mustard to the sauce. I used Stubbs Honey Pecan bbq sauce and it turned out amazing!"
"My family loved this! Thanks for sharing!"
"Boiling the meat first makes it very tender and then you just brown it on the BBQ. The sauce was great also. Will add this to my recipe box!"
"Very tender and tasty. Yes, I'd make them again - in fact, they're cooking right now!"
"OMG mom!!!! Were the words out of my teenage son. Everyone loved it - it will become a staple at our house. I followed the directions except, I could not find honey dijon bbq sauce so--- I bought the honey bbq sauce and eyeballed the adding of dijon mustard, and I did omit the ketchup simply because I forgot it. This was easy and so delicious!"
"I tried this recipe...didn't use the grill, broiled and baked they came out just great. Nice smoke flavor, tangy sweet and tender. My family loved it and requested it for tonight."
"Oops! I fat fingered. What kind of BBQ sauce was the 3/4 cup? Or does it matter?"
"This one is a real show stopper. Very good and easy."
"Add chunks of celery/onion/garlic and some fresh herbs (sage/thyme/rosemary/bay leaf)to the cooking water for extra flavour. It's awsome!"
"This looks like a very good recipe and like it would be moist and jucy. I will try."