This recipe came about by accident when I was making ribs for company and discovered I didn't have enough sauce. I combined the ingredients on hand and came up with this special sauce.
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke, divided, optional
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup honey-Dijon barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon liquid smoke if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or until ribs are just tender. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, combine barbecue sauces, ketchup, honey and remaining liquid smoke if desired. Drain ribs and transfer to grill. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, basting both sides several times with sauce, for 8-10 minutes or until ribs are tender and well-glazed. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Baby Back Ribs in Country Pork 1996, p106
Reviews for Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review