- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, grill salmon, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes. Turn salmon; baste with the butter sauce. Grill 7-9 minutes longer, turning and basting occasionally, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Alaskan Salmon in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p46
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Barbecued Alaskan Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2014
"Light tasting and the sweet brown sugar makes the salmon taste acceptable."