- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, grill salmon, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes. Turn salmon; baste with the butter sauce. Grill 7-9 minutes longer, turning and basting occasionally, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Barbecued Alaskan Salmon
"Light tasting and the sweet brown sugar makes the salmon taste acceptable."
"I'm not a big fish eater, but have been trying to cook it since it is healthy. I was really weary to even taste this, but to my surprise it was very delicious! My husband & I loved it! We also fixed it on a George Foreman grill & heated it the next day. It is so full of flavor, you forget you're eating fish!"
"I made this using a George Foreman grill, they turned out perfect, very yummy, and healthy for you"
"Anybody from King Salmon Alaska should have an outstanding recipe for grilling salmon and this one is!"