Barbecued Alaskan Salmon
"We eat salmon all summer long, and this is our favorite way to fix it," jots Janis Smoke from King Salmon, Alaska. "The mild sauce-brushed on as the fish grills-really enhances the taste."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, grill salmon, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn salmon; baste with the butter sauce. Grill 7-9 minutes longer,
- turning and basting occasionally, or until the salmon flakes easily
- with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 158 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.