Growing up near Buffalo, New York, I was exposed to the famous Buffalo wing. In search of a version that would make the hot sauce my own, I created this recipe. These wings are spicy and sweet with a hint of celery. They always go fast at parties. –Sara Yarrington, Salem, New Hampshire
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 package (40 ounces) fresh or frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- chicken wings, a few at a time, for 8 minutes or until golden brown
- and juices run clear, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, butter,
- celery seed and hot pepper sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 1
- minute or until heated through. Place the chicken wings in a large
- bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer