“This simple brisket recipe never fails me,” notes Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. “I always hope there will be a few slices left over for sandwiches the next day.”
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 fresh beef brisket (5 pounds)
- 2 to 4 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Place flour in a large oven roasting bag; shake to coat bag. Rub brisket with Liquid Smoke if desired, celery seed and pepper; place in bag. Place in a roasting pan. Combine chili sauce and barbecue sauce; pour over brisket. Seal bag.
- With a knife, cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag. Bake at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully remove brisket from bag. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Brisket in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 48
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Barbecue-Style Beef Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review