Barbecue Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine the barbecue sauce, honey, basil, garlic powder and pepper; pour over vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 573 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 504mg cholesterol, 1607mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 7g fiber), 60g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Shrimp Stir-Fry
"I didn't have fresh peppers but used frozen stir fry veggies. The kids licked the pot clean!"
"This was an awesome recipe! It even tasted good when it was leftover, and the flavor was so wonderful my roommate didn't cover it in salt or pepper like she does everything. The onions taste wonderful with the sauce. College student tested and approved!"
"This is a really fast recipe to make, I didn't have a full 1/2 cup of BBQ Sauce so I added a llittle water to it to make it and it was excellant. Will make this again, and daughter that is allergic to soy can even eat this because there if nothing in it that she can't have."