Barbecue Shrimp Stir-Fry
“I created this recipe for shrimp stir-fry in a barbecue sauce while driving home one night,” recalls Elizabeth Gellise of Bay City, Michigan. “It’s been a favorite ever since.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and
- green pepper for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine the
- barbecue sauce, honey, basil, garlic powder and pepper; pour over
- vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring
- constantly. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups shrimp mixture (calculated without rice) equals 573 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 504 mg cholesterol, 1,607 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 60 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.