“I created this recipe for shrimp stir-fry in a barbecue sauce while driving home one night,” recalls Elizabeth Gellise of Bay City, Michigan. “It’s been a favorite ever since.”
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine the barbecue sauce, honey, basil, garlic powder and pepper; pour over vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Shrimp Stir-Fry in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Barbecue Shrimp Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review