Barbecue Shrimp Over Pasta
This dish is done in minutes. Diced bacon and barbecue sauce really give it a fun kick.—Michele Field, Sykesville, Maryland
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a
- slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon
- drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender. Add shrimp;
- cook and stir until no longer pink.
- Return bacon to the skillet. Add barbecue sauce; cook and stir over
- medium heat until heated through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp
- mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 663 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 1,004 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.