Barbecue Shrimp Over Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until no longer pink.
- 2. Return bacon to the skillet. Add barbecue sauce; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 663 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 1004mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Barbecue Shrimp Over Pasta
"Meh, it was ok..."
"My husband absolutley loved this recipe so its def a keeper. Thanks"
"Love this recipe. My husband prefers this over traditional spagetti."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.