- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until no longer pink.
- Return bacon to the skillet. Add barbecue sauce; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Shrimp Over Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Barbecue Shrimp Over Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2010
Meh, it was ok...
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2010
My husband absolutley loved this recipe so its def a keeper. Thanks
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2010
Love this recipe. My husband prefers this over traditional spagetti.