- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until no longer pink.
- Return bacon to the skillet. Add barbecue sauce; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Shrimp Over Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Barbecue Shrimp Over Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2010
"Meh, it was ok..."
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2010
"My husband absolutley loved this recipe so its def a keeper. Thanks"
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2010
"Love this recipe. My husband prefers this over traditional spagetti."