- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey and onion; cook 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Stir in carrots, peas, barbecue sauce and ketchup.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes over top; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"This was so good, I can't wait to make it again. We used fresh carrots instead of frozen peas and carrots only because we didn't have them. We used reg barbecue sauce instead of honey barbecue sauce. Can't wait to make this for my father."
"I made mashed potatoes rather than buying them. I also put cheese on top. It seemed a little dry but still good."
"Awesome take on traditional Shepherd's Pie! My husband loved it. I did use instant mashed potatoes though instead of refrigerated. It turned out wonderful and I had it on hand."
"Not Shepherd's pie, where is the lamb?"
"This sounds so tasty. I can't wait to try it."