- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey and onion; cook 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Stir in carrots, peas, barbecue sauce and ketchup.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes over top; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"I made mashed potatoes rather than buying them. I also put cheese on top. It seemed a little dry but still good."
"Awesome take on traditional Shepherd's Pie! My husband loved it. I did use instant mashed potatoes though instead of refrigerated. It turned out wonderful and I had it on hand."
"Not Shepherd's pie, where is the lamb?"
"This sounds so tasty. I can't wait to try it."