Barbecue Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Have a wholesome meal even on hectic nights. I like to add leftover veggies, like green beans, sweet potatoes or corn, and zip it up with chipotle powder. —Angela Buchanan, Longmont, Colorado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey and onion; cook 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Stir in carrots, peas, barbecue sauce and ketchup.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes over top; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 405 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC