Barbecue Shepherd's Pie
Have a wholesome meal even on hectic nights. I like to add leftover veggies, like green beans, sweet potatoes or corn, and zip it up with chipotle powder. —Angela Buchanan, Longmont, CO
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium
- heat. Add turkey and onion; cook 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no
- longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Stir in
- carrots, peas, barbecue sauce and ketchup.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes
- over top; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or
- until filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 405 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.